Veterinary Technician/Assistant Job – Rogers, AR
Why You'll Love This Job!
Would you jump at the chance to master new skills that could quickly lead to career advancement? Are you ready to learn a profession that will challenge you, and result in both personal and professional growth? If you said yes, The Pet Vet's Veterinary Technician/Assistant position should be in your future!As our Veterinary Technician/Assistant, your active role in a variety of day-to-day operations will lead to you learning firsthand the ins and outs of veterinary medicine. Open the door to endless possibilities as you take part in continuing education classes and work under the guidance of skilled professionals in a cutting-edge hospital that uses state-of-the-art equipment. Our veterinarians will appreciate your helpful contributions and patients will wag their tails in approval. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance, plenty of paid time off.
This is a great opportunity to get started on the ground floor with an expanding company and quickly move to the top! Apply for The Pet Vet's outstanding Veterinary Technician/Assistant opening today!
Veterinary Technician/Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide surgical, exam and lab assistance; take an active role in all patient care, including emergency care and vaccines
- Stay current of veterinary products and their usage; and hospital programs, products, and services
- Take an active role in learning veterinary medicine to advance skills; Participate in formal Continuing Education classes
- Front desk duties as needed, including patient check-in, cost estimates, invoicing and recording patient information using EMR
- Stock supplies, maintain all equipment, make sure drugs and equipment are ready daily
- Collect, prepare and handle specimens according to hospital protocols
- Administer intravenous fluid therapy and monitor vital signs
- Educate clients on preventions, vaccine requirements, and other information as necessary
Veterinary Technician/Assistant Qualifications
Back to All Jobs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1-year prior Veterinary Technician experience
- Willingness to attend CE opportunities and pursue education leading to LVT
- Responsible animal handling skills and ability to perform routine veterinary procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used veterinary terminology and procedures
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to submit to background check and drug screen
- Registered vet tech a plus, but not required
Questions About Careers at The Pet Vet?